What is a Community Sports Network?
A Community Sports Network (CSN) is a network of local deliverers from a range of organisations and agencies, all with a contribution to make in the delivery of sport and physical activity. The CSN also enables non sporting organisations to gain from working with a range of sporting agencies in achieving their own goals.
The Aims of Active East Herts:
- To help increase participation in physical activity, as measured by the Active People Survey, by 1% year on year and contribute to the ‘PE and School Sport for Young People’(PESSYP) ‘5 Hour Offer’ target.
- To develop sport for the benefit of the community.
- To develop effective communication between key influencers from relevant local stakeholders – sporting and non-sporting.
- To provide a sport advisory and consultative role.
- To encourage increased participation in grass roots sports and physical activity.
- To maximise the development and use of sports facilities.
- To work with all partners to support the development of clubs, coaches and volunteers
- To develop a strategic vision and an agreed action plan in consultation with AEH members and the wider sporting community.
To help meet these aims AEH seeks to achieve the following:
- Attract funding to AEH and support applications to local organisations who seek to deliver activities that help meet the aims of AEH.
- Become a recognised and high profile “voice for sport” within East Hertfordshire seeking to support the delivery of the national agenda of increasing participation.
- Develop the role of liaising with and supporting all stakeholders concerned with the provision of sport and physical activity.
- Promote and support activities which foster participation in sport and related health education to all sections of the community.
- Support those agencies which aim to achieve the highest possible standards in sport.
- Advise, support and assist local voluntary sports clubs in their development and provision of community activities.
- Offer promotion and support for the training and education of coaches/volunteers and all who assist in sport.
- Support and promote the delivery of activities that serve as positive diversions to young people.